Sunday, February 3, 2013

East Vail


Got out to East Vail yesterday with Matt Patrick to enjoy the 30" of new snow that fell in the last week. There were more people than I have ever seen out there. I was a bit nervous about the avy conditions with the new load on the snow pack, high winds Friday night, and some surface hoar I had seen the week before, so we skied Water Tower to be safe. However, people were dropping just about everything with no slides, so the new snow must have bonded pretty well. I even saw some guys hucking the cliffs on the West Wall, making big bomb holes on well known slide paths with no consequences.

It was definitely the best it has been out there this season. We were hootin' and hollerin' the whole way down. I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment