Monday, June 25, 2012

Smash and Grab

One of the things I love about living in Boulder, is the ability to be out in the mountains very quickly.  On Friday afternoon my wife, Laura, texted me, asking if I wanted to go for a trail run that afternoon.  I was ecstatic and by 5pm we hit the trail from the 4th of July Trailhead with the objective of South Arapaho Peak (13,397).  I love trail running because it is so light and fast.  It's like hiking but so much faster.  We made quick work of the peak and summited within two hours.  We enjoyed a snack and some water on the summit and then we were on our way.  Running downhill is truly the joy of trail running.  In no time we both had a great runner's high and we were enjoying the scenery and conversation as we jogged down to the car.  In 3.5 hours we had logged nearly 9 miles of trail and over 3200ft of elevation gain.  It was a great evening in the mountains with my beautiful wife.
At Tree Line

Laura standing on the USGS marker

No comments:

Post a Comment