Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Monsoon Season

I've been getting rained on recently.  After a great spring with good afternoon weather, I must have been spoiled.  I found myself wondering, "what's with this weather?" when I finally realized it is now June, and officially that time of year when the thunderstorms roll through about every afternoon.  Since I work mornings it now means I have to do what I can with the afternoon weather.

Cragging is still a viable option, however, I have been exploring some other, less weather-dependent, activities.  I  went fly fishing for the first time in years which was great.  Since I bought an annual license I'll probably be going a lot more.   I also found a new love in trail running.  I ran up in the Indian Peaks Wilderness yesterday to Dorothy Lake.  While trail running above tree-line is certainly weather dependent, its easier to bail due to weather than when multi-pitch climbing above tree-line. And running in the rain is easier than climbing in the rain.  I'm trying to keep my cycling mileage up too, as I'm getting ready for the Triple-Bypass ride in July.

I'll be saving those weather-dependent outings like multi-pitch climbing for early mornings on the weekends.

Here are some pictures from my trail run yesterday.  There was a whole lot less snow that I was anticipating.





No comments:

Post a Comment