Sunday, May 13, 2012

Life is Good

Roping up with Ty "Life is Good" Lorenzi
 

I think about this guy all the time.  It seems so strange that he has been gone for an entire year.  Sometimes it feels like ages ago that I got that phone call.  Other times I still expect to see him, like at Thanksgiving, or more recently on a ski trip with a bunch of friends.  I kept imagining I would see him in the giant house we rented in South Lake Tahoe, enjoying an apres ski beer or soaking in the hot tub.  In the back of my mind I keep expecting to drop the East Vail Chutes again with him or go sailing again with him in some remote archipelago.  Most of the time I spent with Ty was on some adventure, and now with most new adventures he seems to be on my mind.

I guess I have come to realize that time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, and I'm not sure I want it to.  I've also learned that I need to make everyday count and I'm inspired to live the "Life is Good" life, realizing that 1 life can impact so many people for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment