Sunday, April 22, 2012

Front Range Living

It's been pretty quiet around Boulder the past few weeks, which has been kind of nice.  Laura and I took a month off from hosting visitors (AKA the Combs B&B has had a seasonal closure).  Fittingly for our closure, it seems to be "shoulder season" between the grand adventures of the winter and the grand adventures of summer.  There probably is some spring ski-mountaineering to be had right now, but I am too unmotivated after this past ski season.
Cragging up in the canyons has been great, and I have been spending a lot of time up in Boulder Canyon.  I'm trying to get in shape for some bigger ascents this summer.  One of the highlights was climbing in Clear Creek Canyon with Jon Cardwell (a friend of a friend).  It was inspiring to watch him try his 5.14 project, so much so that I almost flashed a 5.12, which is pretty good for me.
I've also been doing a lot of cycling lately, as I am training for the Triple By-Pass in July.  I even got out on my mountain bike!
All in all, life has been pretty good on the Front Range

No comments:

Post a Comment